Thomas R. BeirnePartner
Mr. Beirne is a member of the Commercial Litigation,Government Relations and Real Property Tax Certiorari practice groups. He specializes in litigation, arbitration and appeals. Mr. Beirne represents clients in connection with complex business and governmental disputes. His clients include the Town of Ossining, New York, Westhab, Inc. and Minskoff Realty & Management Corp.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Beirne was Town Attorney for the Town of Ossining, New York (1976-77; 1998 to the present). He was an associate in the law firm of Cuddy & Feder LLP (1975-1978) and a partner (1978 - 2006). Before that, Mr. Beirne was an Enforcement Attorney and later Chief, Branch of Enforcement, for the New York Regional Office of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (1969-1975). He also worked at the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (1966-1968).
- Columbia Law School, New York, New York, J.D., 1966
- Manhattan College, Riverdale, New York, B.A., 1963, Modern Language, Philosophy
- New York
- U.S.District Court Southern District of New York, 1973
- U.S.Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit, 1974
- U.S.Court of Appeals,District of ColumbiaCircuit, 1968
- U.S.District Court,District of Columbia, 1967
- U.S.Tax Court, 1984
- Mavis Tire Supply Corp. v.Town of Ossining, et al., N.Y.S. Supreme Court, Westchester County; Decided September 27, 2010, by the Hon. John LaCava, J.S.C.
- Dan & Faith McCready v.Town of Ossining, et al., 11 Misc.3d 1086(A), 819 N.Y.S.2d 849 (N.Y.Sup. 2006
- Todd Beisswenger, Universal Medical Systems v., N.Y.S. Supreme Court, Westchester County, Index No. 13670/01; Decided December 17, 2004, by the Hon. Nicholas Colabella, J.S.C. (not reported)
- Ardmar Realty Company v. Zoning Board of Appeals of the Village of Tuckahoe, et al, 297 A.D.2d 733, 747 N.Y.S.2d 773 (2d Dept. 2002)
- Friar Tuck Inn of the Catskills v. Town of Catskill, et al., 2 A.D.3d 1089, 768 N.Y.S.2d 682 (3d Dept. 2003)
- Long-Newro Realty Corp.
- Jewish Board of Family & Children’s Services, Inc.
- Minskoff Realty & Management Corp.
- Instructor for Lormar Education Services CLE Seminar, entitled “Real Estate Taxes, Assessments, Protests & Foreclosures”, presented on March 9, 2000
- Instructor for Lormar Education Services CLE Seminar, entitled “Fundamentals of Real Estate Closings in New York: A Primer on Tax Certiorari”, presented onMarch 31, 2004
- Assistant Professor, Paralegal Program,New York University, 1977
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association